Σάββατο 12 Οκτωβρίου 2013

The lost city of Atlantis

Hello people!I am very happy these weeks and it's not just because The Big Bang Theory is here but also because there is a brand new drama/action/comedy tv series in town by the one and only BBC.This show is so good that fanfiction writers have gone crazy already,despite the fact than only two episodes have aired!I am talking of about the Merlin look A like:Atlantis.


You see,when Merlin ended the way it did,the audience didn't seem very pleased...in fact people were deeply disappointed that their favourite tv show was gone.That was when a "Bring Merlin Back" campaign started with participants from all over the world.Apparently,the creators of Merlin and BBC noticed the existance of the campaign but instead of bringing Merlin back,they gave us Atlantis.If you watch Atlantis,you will realise that it's almost like watching Merlin but in a different era and that is something a number of Merlin fans did not appreciate.Well,I don't mind this and I am going to explain why after I tell you what the show is about.


The story starts when a young named Jason ends up in the lost city of Atlantis during an expedition to find his father.There he meets Pythagoras the mathematician (or triangle guy) and Hercules,a drunkard who is Pythagoras' housmate.Together they face adventures inspired by the Greek mythology.Oh,and Jason learns that his destiny is great...


Anyway,all this truly reminds me of Mrlin but I couldn't care less.See,Merlin cannot possibly be brought back as everyone died in the end,so we have to rule out this case scenario.Also,even if the show could return,it wouldn't be as fresh and exciting as it used to be in the first three seasons.It's a fact that the last two seasons of Merlin reminded us nothing of the pleasant spirit the show used to have.As a result,many people stopped being Merln enthusiasts after a point.Atlantis on the other hand is new,joyful even under some pretty stressful circumstances and youthful.not to mention,the frienship between the two leading characters seems different to me as Jason being from another (less heroic ) era is clearly not terrified by the term "Bromance".


The flaws of the show
I am not going to lie to you;the show is not flawless.First of all,the Greek mythology is really messed up...Ariadne and the minotaur live in Atlantis and not Crete,Pythagoras who was a real mathematician lives in a possibly imaginary city and Medusa is probably Jason's new friend and I guess enemy later on.And what about this weird language the oracle and the worshippers of Dionysus speak?Is it ancient Greek?Well,for what I know it's supposed to be but I don't understand it.I hope it is because using a real language is easier than creating an imaginary one.Finally,something about bad acting has been mentioned but from what I saw (and I've watched many tv shows and films) the acting of the supporting actors was fine,Jack Donelly (Jason) is also a fine actor and Robert Emms (Pythagoras) whom we've also seen in "War Horse" and "Mirror Mirror" is fantastic.


Why to watch
Despite its flaws,the show is really cute!The characters are funny when they need to be,the costumes (especially of the royalty) are fun designed and well executed,cuteness ensues with the Jason/Pythagoras scenes and BBC is fangirling for us by making memes and shipping Jason/Pythagoras which is the coolest thing ever!(Thank you BBC).

*Pics*





*Trailer*


*After watching*
Did you watch?Good!Want some fanfics?"Emerald has been cumberbatched" (who is not me since I don't publish on that site) has the best on FanFiction.net.


Atlantis airs every Saturday at 8:30pm on BBC one.

Enjoy!!!Doctor What

1 σχόλιο:

  1. Hello, I'm actually Emerald has been Cumberbatched :3 I'm smiling so wide, thank you for the nice comment about my fics! Unfortunately my laptop broke and I lost most of my fics, mostly my Atlantis ones :( But ahhh thank you!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή